cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different HTML outcomes from Outlook VBO 6.10.5 Get Received Email on the same form (in different emails)

JelleKoning
Level 2

Hi everyone,

For one of our projects I need to get information from an email. In this email, there is a basic form, which I get back as HTML using Blue Prism. I am trying to get the necessary information from the emails (which works fine for different forms), but in this case I am getting inconsistent HTMl formatting from these emails. See also below. The emails look exactly the same, but are slightly different when trying to Regex the text, which leads to issues. I could work around this by first doing a check using InStr() or something similar, but would rather figure out the root cause so I can prevent this in the future. Does anyone know why this difference occurs? Thanks in advance!

Email 1: <p class=MsoNormal><span style='font-size:11.0pt;line-height:115%;font-family:"Politie Sans",sans-serif'>
Email 2: <p class="MsoNormal"><span style="font-size:11.0pt;line-height:115%;font-family:&quot;Politie Sans&quot;,sans-serif">

Edit: Like I said in the title, we are using Outlook VBO 6.10.5. We are on BP version 7.0.2.

------------------------------
Jelle Koning

1 REPLY 1

SteveBoggs
Staff
Staff

Hi Jelle,

Perhaps other developers have run into this scenario and can provide more specific tips to help here, but from a product standpoint it should be noted that you're using an older version of the Outlook VBO (v6.10.5) with your v7.0.2 version of BPE. It's always recommended to use a version-aligned VBO (i.e. import and use the v7.x Outlook VBO from the "VBO" folder of your v7.0.2 BPE installation) as different/older versions of VBOs may cause issues. 

• Does using the v7.x Outlook VBO with your v7.0.2 BPE platform help with this issue?
  • Alternately, have you tried using the Outlook VBO from the DX (or the Microsoft 365 Outlook VBO, if relevant) to see if this helps prevent this behavior?

Steve Boggs
Senior Product Support Engineer
Blue Prism
Austin, TX