cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnected Resource on Blue Prism 7.3

Carlos_Medina
Level 4

Hello everyone,

Recently, we've updated to version 7.3 of Blue Prism and we're facing a problem with the control room resources. A resource is in an idle state but, at the same time, the connection is disconnected. I've already tried restarting the service on that machine. The strange part is that I can open Blue Prism normally, but I can't run any processes in the control room.

Carlos_Medina_0-1722955486581.png

5 REPLIES 5

steven.boggs
Staff
Staff

The "Idle" state indicates the Resource has no current work to process, but the "Disconnected" connection status is usually accompanied by additional information in the column to the right. Are you seeing a "App Server cannot currently communicate with this online resource" message or any other errors? If so, there may be network/DNS/etc issues in play here -- I'd recommend investigating the "Cause" and "Solution/Workaround" suggestions in this KB article here.

In addition, checking into the Event Viewer logs for the affected Runtime Resource machine may reveal other exceptions to investigate to help resolve this issue.

Hi Carlos,

Similar is the case with us when we upgraded to 7.1.2.

This is not a solution but a precaution. Lighten your work queue, work queue data, data per work queue transaction, logging and over all lighten you DB transaction and that will mostly solve the issue for you.

WeitghtRPAMatey

I've tried looking on the logs, but the service started successfully

Carlos_Medina_0-1723202732302.pngCarlos_Medina_1-1723202839530.png

First of all, I am so sorry Carlos. 
My reply is far from the question.

I had this issue a week ago, restarting the Application Server helped.

Have you already done that?

WeitghtRPAMatey

Carlos_Medina
Level 4

I've solved the problem. There was an issue with the machine's firewall that was blocking the outgoing connection. I created the following rule that solved the problem

Carlos_Medina_0-1723209991858.png