cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know how to collect Termination metrics (as we do for queues)?

Afternoon all

We are in the process of improving our RPA Dashboard. I am currently having to manually collect the volume of Terminations over the past 31 days via Control Room - see screen grab below - and would like to ideally automate it.

I have some automation which captures the normal queue metrics but can't see anything that collates the terminations.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Many thx in advance
Ian

35484.png

Ian Meldrum Senior RPA Developer Royal Surrey NHS FT UK
2 REPLIES 2

harish.m
Level 12

Hi Ian meldrun

You can definatley  able to do by querying couple of tables in  database but it is not recommended pulling directly from prod  database especially you want the dashboard in real time, I think verify whether you can pull data from data gateway.

In case if you are not able to pull from datagateway the other approach is mirror the existing prod database  and create stored procedure to call the data you required.
Even mirroring database is not possible then create a stored procedure from existijg database and  call that stored procedure.

----------------------- If I answered your query. Please mark it as the "Best Answer" [FirstName] [LastName] [Designation] [JobTitle] [City] [State] [Phone]

Walter.Koller
Level 11

What exactly are you looking for or what do you want to achieve?

I am not working with queues myself but I know our processes record the termination status and also the cause of termination in the queue and can be queried there.
As far as I can remember the exception has to be handled, is then written to the queue and then the process is allowed to terminate.
There are queue reports (VBO) that should be able to show those errors then.

If you are not always using queues or there are other reasons why you want to use the session logs instead, there are some options but they need to run some queries on the DB. Those queries are similar to what happens when you retrieve logs in Blue Prism Client Control > 'View log'. Just try to avoid querying too many logs/days at once and as infrequent as possible and avoid read locks.
There are Scheduler logs [BPAScheduleLogEntry]. They will show you the same information as available in BP Client Control > Scheduler\Reports\Recent Activity 
And there are Session logs [BPASession] & [BPASessionLog_Unicode] (or [..._NonUnicode]) that is also the source for what is shown in BP Client with 'View Log'.

I hope this helps