cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duration By Step

EmersonF
MVP

Hello everyone, i was thouth, how i can make a metric look like "how long the automation took on a page", 
The log session can i help with this? Or exist another form?

Anyone has similar something?

I Need put this metric on my dashboard for the sustain team

------------------------------
Emerson Ferreira
Cons, Intelligent automation
Avanade Brasil
Recife
+5581988869544
If my answer helped you? Mark as useful!
Sr Cons at Avanade Brazil
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Emerson,

Indeed, keeping session logs available eats disk space. We get to keep our logs a few weeks before they are purged. 

Still during this time you could collect the data you need and put it in a new separate database. The database being either a real database, an XL, or a .txt file. As the scheduler for any process usually is a set of processes to be run (set resolution, logout, login, run process, ...), you could easily add a new process that does the session log data extraction and save after each run.

Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden
(By all means, do not mark this as the best answer!)

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
The log session will contain this if start and end stages are being logged but that depends upon the structure of your solution (do your actions contain multiple screens or can a screen have multiple actions??).  If so you might be able to extract this data from session logs but it will be difficult,  session logs are just a big blob of data difficult to find what you want in.  To find things easier in session logs we used to add note stages in a specific format easy to search for and extract,  for example - "** STATUS NOTE:  Screen x action started **".  If you are using session logs not that Blue Prism recommend you are using Data Gateways rather than reporting directly on a production database.

A better solution is to poke out data you want to a better MI repository from your robot solution to an MI database or solution of your choice and in your preferred format.

Hi Emerson,

You can easily take out any session log in XL, this will include the TimeStamp for each stage. As Denis suggested, you compare the TiemStamps of the Start and End stages for a given page and you have what you are looking for.

I reckon you could write a process to do the above for a number of runs/processes in an automated fashion and at higher speed to get better stats.

Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden

Thanks for answers Paul, Denis, I thouth that, but with this, I need ​​keep the log session historically, and I may have problems with my database and I was getting an alternative way instead of using the Session

Emerson Ferreira
Avanade Brasil
Recife
+5581988869544

Hi Emerson,

Indeed, keeping session logs available eats disk space. We get to keep our logs a few weeks before they are purged. 

Still during this time you could collect the data you need and put it in a new separate database. The database being either a real database, an XL, or a .txt file. As the scheduler for any process usually is a set of processes to be run (set resolution, logout, login, run process, ...), you could easily add a new process that does the session log data extraction and save after each run.

Happy coding!
---------------
Paul
Sweden
Happy coding!
Paul, Sweden

Hello Paul, thanks for informations!!

Emerson Ferreira
Avanade Brasil
Recife
+5581988869544