cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamically pull Object + Action name and Audit + Session logs inside a BP business object/process??

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to programmatically and dynamically query BP for the name of the object and the Action that is current being executed/run? Additionally is it possible to pull the Audit/Session logs from inside a business object , without having to go into the Control Room and manually exporting the logs to a csv/excel file ? This would be very helpful in creating Exception logging messages that are can be dynamically passed this information -- without having to hardcode the Object and the Action name?
6 REPLIES 6

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
No and no I'm afraid, but a good idea nonetheless.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks John , maybe in the next release 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks John , maybe in the next release 🙂

JiriPospisil
Level 4
We're actually currently building something like this by ourselves. It's not a rocket science, all we need is our own database where we're sending log after every robot run. Log is just custom made collection with all needed data (Name, Customer, Timestamp, Status, Comment, etc.) which is being filled during the process, then translated to SQL and sent to DB. There's also report built in Cognos, where anyone we want could see these results.

Anonymous
Not applicable
So i did manage to write up something custom to query the DB , but now im running into issues with importing the dll : https://portal.blueprism.com/running-issues-importing-c-dll-fileassembl Are you also using a similar technique using a class library .dll file?

JiriPospisil
Level 4
Objects which are already part of BP package are not working for you? There are 3 I know about: Data - OLEDB, Data - SQL Server, ODBC Database Connection. I'm using last one, biggest struggle probably is, that you need to download correct db drivers.