cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR: Internal: Not Connected

Dylan
Level 4
I'm getting this error arbitrarily and it's literally enraging me. 

Sometimes this works, and sometimes it doesn't... all without me changing anything.

Can anyone please help, I'm really frustrated 😞

24263.png

------------------------------
Dylan
8 REPLIES 8

Dylan
Level 4
I'm using this tutorial, and following his steps exactly... so why is it throwing an error for me but working fine for him?

https://youtu.be/83TaYTy-DP0?list=PL4SEtvjUqihFh-iFvb_s0VAhPCX1tzg2A

Dylan

Dylan
Level 4
I've figured out what the problem is:

The Blue Prism process was running too fast for the browser process, thus it says it's not connected because the bot was moving too fast for the computer/application.

I've just slowed down the process playback speed.

My question is this:

How will this play out in the life environment? Can I control the playback speed in a live execution of the process?

Dylan

Nevermind, it's broken again.

The object's action runs in the object studio, but not in the process studio; it literally just worked before...

Dylan

There are a few concepts to understand here

1. Attaching (Not Connected error)
I haven't watched the entirety of the video, but I assume that you are trying to attach to Internet Explorer.
The "Not Connected" error means that Blue Prism isn't attached to the browser yet.  BP needs to attach to the browser in order to read the different web elements that are on the screen.

Attach is an action in "Navigate".  The "top most element" in the application explorer can be attached to (Application Root in the example image below).
24221.png

Before you can read, write, navigate, or interact with any elements of an application or browser, you must Attach first.  If you find that it sometimes works in the Object Studio, it is probably because you've run attached automatically by "Launching" the application inside the Application Modeler.  Launching the browser from Application Modeler will attach for you, but that attach disappears after you close the Object Studio.

In normal cases, you won't actually Launch (which will also attach) from the Application Modeler, so inside your Object or Process diagram, you should explicitly "Attach" using the Navigate stage as shown above.

2. Check if we are already attached
Another concept to understand is that you can't attach to something that is already attached.  If you try to attach to something that is already attached, you'll see an error.  

So before you attach to anything, you should first check whether it is already attached using a Read stage, the top most application element and the "Is Connected?" action.

24222.png

So the general flow for attaching would be something like:
- Check to see if I"m already attached, if yes do nothing
- If i'm not attached yet, then attach.

You can use this inside each of your Object's actions, or inside your process steps.

2. Execution speed
In real automations, the execution speed is even faster than the fastest setting inside the Process/Object studio.  
The way that we handle these is through the use of Wait Stages.  This pauses execution for a user defined amount of seconds, while we wait for certain elements to appear on the screen. 

An example is:
- Launch a a browser and visit a webpage
- Wait for the text "Login" to appear on the screen
- After the "Login" text has appeared, continue our flow.  If not, then throw an exception.

This way we can run the process at full speed but still wait for slow applications, or slow networks that may cause delays in how fast things are shown on screen.

James Man
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Asia/Hong_Kong

Thank you for this, I've solved this issue through using wait stages; thanks!

However, I'm having another problem.

Sometimes the process runs without error, and sometimes it doesn't, and I don't know why.

I've run it with the wait stages, and now all of a sudden it's not inputting the currency conversion amount, from currency, or to currency.

I checked the application modeller and now, arbitrarily, it doesn't highlight the element, even though I've seen it highlight the element multiple times previously.

I clicked launch, and then identify, and then the spying tool won't even recognise any element in the browser... is this a bug? 

This hasn't been the first time that this has occurred either.

Thank you very much for your assistance, I really appreciate the help because I've been struggling. 

Dylan

It would help if you post images of the object/processes in question or even better, the bprelease containing your example.  Others will have a much easier time pinpointing what the issue could be with that information.

James Man
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Asia/Hong_Kong

Thanks, I've gotten it to work 🙂

Thanks so much for your help 🙂 😄

Dylan

When using with IE , is safe to wait some seconds. Also after Wait, is safe to check if the object/window exists. If exist move further, else retry.

Cohen