cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email with French body

poojagupta83
Level 3

Hi All,

I have a requirement to send exception/completed emails. The body of the email is comprised of both English & French. So I am using a template to send emails. And using load Binary text function. When email is sent some of the French letters have ? at the top. Can you please suggest something to resolve this. Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Daniel_Sanhueza
Level 8

Hey @poojagupta83

Could you give more detail on how you send the body text on the email, wich objects and actions you're using? I've got lost when you said you're using Load Binary text function. 

The way that I always  send text on mails is simply using a text DataItem, even if it is a template, just use an Environment Variable and never found trouble with special characters on my languague.

So, regarding your issue, I think could be related to some sort of UTF-8 encoding  when the mail is sent, but need more info on that.

Daniel Sanhueza
RPA Professional Developer
Deloitte

poojagupta83
Level 3

The body of the email that BOT needs to send is saved in a .txt file. This body consists of both English & French. And there is exception details or other information that needs to be replaced while BOT is sending email. I am using Load Text file function in a calculation stage to read text from that .txt file. Then replacing the exception details that I am getting while process is running. I also tried to chnage Outlook settings regarding that UTF-8, but still gets some weird errors on mail. 

poojagupta83_0-1714164090126.png

poojagupta83_2-1714164515577.png

I see @poojagupta83 , just to know, what happens if you hardcore french text on Body "input" and send it? It keeps bringing some weird characters? Also could you try using 'Utility - File Management:Read All text from file' instead LoadTextFile function?

Daniel Sanhueza
Deloitte

vaiku93
Level 3

@poojagupta83  try creating a VB.NET code for garbage value handler with UTF-8 encoding before reffering the variable to the email action.

Had similar issue while sending Arabic email & that helped me.

I tried this. But still getting same result.

@poojagupta83 that's weird, if you have already configured that part in outlook.

Daniel_Sanhueza_0-1714421789628.png

But, if the text is a template, try to replace in the txt the special character by his entity name or entity number, you can check a list in here: https://psdtowp.net/html-codes-special-characters.html

For example, if you want to write 'président'

you should write something like 'pr&#233sident' or 'président' both should work as it is compatible with html

Daniel_Sanhueza_1-1714422056201.png

Daniel_Sanhueza_2-1714422181875.png

Regards.

asd

Daniel Sanhueza
Deloitte