cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Python with blue prism

AkashJoshi
Level 2
Hi All,

I am learning Python language and just curious to know, by any chance will python be useful in blue prism tool now or in near future.
Or is it a right decision to learn a python instead of VB/C#. 

Please advice.

------------------------------
Akash Joshi
Developer
Tata Consultancy Services
Asia/Kolkata
4 REPLIES 4

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi Akash,

Blue Prism is based on the .NET stack. If you're going to be programming code stages or writing processing code in Web API services it's probably best to focus on C# or VB.NET as you program those directly in Blue Prism.

While Python is not supported directly within the Blue Prism environment, it is possible to execute Python scripts from within Blue Prism. My team is working on a tutorial of this that will be posted to the DX Developer Portal within the next couple of days.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism

Not sure how to follow a thread so I'm replying so I can check back on this thread.  Thanks.

Jonathan Holstine
Systems Accountant
Interior Business Center
America/Denver

Hi Jonathan,

We've posted a document to the DX Developer Portal that discusses the use of code stages in Blue Prism. Chapter 9 of that document discusses Python in Blue Prism using Iron Python. 

This is just one example though. You can execute Python scripts in code stages by using the Process and ProcessStartInfo classes in .NET.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism

arjun.guptaUL
Level 3

I just saw this thread while looking for another issue related to Python. We were able to implement a simple solution for this wherein we created a batch file which invokes the python code. From Blue Prism, we pass arguments to this batch file and the batch file is ran using "Utility - Environment" VBO's "Start a Process" action. We pass the path of the batch file in the parameters apart from our arguments.