cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Checking Services

SiddheshwarKore
Level 3
Hi All,

I am getting below error after clicking on Edit button in server config file. Any help is much appreciated!
36432.png
Note: Understand that this is a common error and troubleshooting steps for the same have been documented in Installation Guide. However those steps did not resolve the issue in my case. Hence posting it here.

Set up details:
  • Logged in to VM using windows service account, let's call it BP01
  • Blue Prism service is running with log on as set to BP01
  • BP01 is added to local administrator groups on that machine 
  • BP01 has sufficient permissions to DB. DB setup is successful
  • VM is joined by AD
  • BP01 is an AD account

Regards,
Sidd
2 REPLIES 2

Walter.Koller
Level 11
Hi,
This error is caused by specifying a user name in the service definition. If you remove the user/password from the service and set it back to 'Local System account' the error message will not show.

Unfortunatel I could not pin down what the actual root cause of the issue is. 
We have 4 VM used as application servers, two having different Windows version than the others, with two AD users having local admin rights. 
Since server set-up and user creations are standardized, everything should behave the same. Although on some of those VM we get the error message on the other VM we don't.  
So our IT department sends me to Blue Prism to find the reason and BP does not know our system architecture and security policies and is not able to give further hints where to start further investigations on our side.

I am also very interested to know the cause of this error message.

Fortunately it does not have any impact on BP servers and they work just fine.

SiddheshwarKore
Level 3
@Walter Koller

Thanks a lot for your response. Yes I did notice that I can get rid of this error by configuring service to log on as local system account. However I have specifically created service account in order to run the BP App server service for easy maintenance. 

What is surprising is that the error is encountered despite logging in to VM with service account (domain user) which is also a local administrator. The error message says that the details of the error have been logged but I dont seem to find the error logs anywhere.