cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message

BarryBell
Level 4
Good morning, I am having an issue with writing a name in a search box ONLY when running using the "go" button. The object works on the object layer and the action works on the process layer if I step through it. If I run the process and let it stop after my exception handling and the set the start of that action as "next stage" and press the go button it works. 

I have made several changes on the object layer using a write stage, spying different modes, changing attributes, clicking in the search box, putting the process to sleep and standing on one foot while pressing the go button. Below is the error message I get when running the process. It is a web based application and I am using IE, there were other issues in Chrome. I am also using BP 6.7.2.

Internal : Failed to perform step 2 in Navigate Stage 'Input Name' on page 'Employee Search' - Exception during remote setforegroundwindow - System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
at BluePrism.ApplicationManager.Operations.WindowOperationsProvider.ForceForeground(IntPtr windowHandle)

------------------------------
Barry Bell
RPA Manager
DHGLLP
America/New_York
1 REPLY 1

david.l.morris
Level 14
Sounds like a speed of execution issue to me, but I cannot remember if the error I typically get says 'cannot find the file specified'.
Take a look at this Support Article: http://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/1137420332

If that article doesn't solve the issue and this is something that only happens randomly, then I would say something is happening too fast. What's happening in Step 1 of your Navigate Stage 'Input Name'? And do you have a conditional wait before that navigate stage to ensure the element you need is loaded and that the whole webpage is loaded? If you're not already using it, try using 'Parent Document Loaded' in the conditional wait as well since that will ensure the entire page has finished loading before allowing the flow to continue.

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA