cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error:failed to create session - UNAVAILABLE

AmithRajagopal
Level 4
Hello All,   Previously I had a query https://portal.blueprism.com/forums/user-groups/special-interest-groups/error-can-not-create-session-run-process-maximum-number#new and yes it was because of the license, now we have 3 concurrent sessions/or Control room can support upto 3 sessions. But now if I run my process via control room, I am getting a different error ."Error:failed to create session - UNAVAILABLE". Any idea why this is occurring even after increasing the concurrent session ? All Processes are published and is working fine except the Dynamic calling using AutomateC part.     Best Regards, Amith
5 REPLIES 5

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
I think it means the target resource is either offline or busy with some other process. Maybe check there are no pending sessions because these would also cause the resource to be busy.

AmithRajagopal
Level 4
Hello John,   Thanks for your reply . In Control room I have a Master process and this process is calling the Sub process/s Dynamically using Utility - AutomateC. I have added a logic that will be waiting for the Sub process to complete and provide the status(Running, Completed or Terminated) of the Sub process to the master process so that the master process can continue with the next steps only after completion of its Sub process. I am using only one resource for this. Is this causing the resource busy and telling its Unavailable ?. Best Regards, Amith

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Ah yes, that is the issue. The Master is occupying the resource, so if you try to run the Slave on the same resource you get the 'Busy' error. One way around this is to adjust the Run Modes of the objects used by the Master and Slave so that they will allow parallel processing (see Run Mode in the client Help). Also, be aware that running parallel processes on the same resource will consume more than 1 license. Another possibility is to instruct the Master run the Slave on a different resource, ie automatec /run ""Slave Process"" /resource PC12345

AmithRajagopal
Level 4
Thanks John, I think i will have to look on the RUN MODE you said above its new to me . But yes the other two options are working fine , an extra license solved the issue and also all the sub processes used in master /slave should be in ""background"" mode. if  its in exclusive , it wont work . (i mean the objects to be set in background ). and yes pointing to another runtime resource will work if you dont have an extra license

Hello John,

I have similar master-slave case where invoking the slave process on same resource with AutomateC, but also, I have all the objects run mode as Background and the concurrency limit is 20. And during this there is no other process running on the cluster (This is single resource setup I'm using to recreate the client's issue).

Adding to above, this issue started appearing only after upgrade to v6.8. Till v6.6 we didn't encounter this issue unless there was a pending session on the vm or an object running in Foreground/Exclusive mode blocking the session creation.

Could you please suggest how I can solve this.

Thanks

------------------------------
Pramod Bhade
Application Developer
IBM GBS
Asia/Kolkata
------------------------------