cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Accessing SharePoint List via API

Manoj_kumarNunn
Level 4
Hi All,

We are facing below error while accessing SharePoint List items using Blue prism List Library. We are authenticating using SharePoint ACS Authentication.

HTTP Status Code: 403

HTTP Response Content: {"error":{"code":"-2147024891, System.UnauthorizedAccessException","message":{"lang":"en-US","value":"Access denied. You do not have permission to perform this action or access this resource."}}}

FYI, we have admin access on the SharePoint. Anyone faced similar error and resolved it.

------------------------------
Manoj kumar Nunna
RPA Team Lead
Tyson Foods
Asia/Kolkata
4 REPLIES 4

PeterLacken
Level 7
Hi,

this type of error indicates the user that is executing the action, the runtime resource user, does not have permission to the share point list. Your personal user may have permissions but have you checked the robot user has the same permission?

I have a VBO wrapper that hides all of the technical details of the share point list configuration that you are welcome to try out. Email me on Peter.lacken@renroros.no and I will send it to you.

regards,
Peter Lacken

PeterLacken
Ren Røros Intelligent Automation
Peter.Lacken@renroros.no
http://www.rria.no

Thank you, Peter.

I could able to resolve it after creating new Client Id and secret key. Looks like some security issue on SharePoint caused the issue.

Manoj kumar Nunna
RPA Team Lead
Tyson Foods
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Manoj,
Do you recall which SharePoint settings caused this issue? We are facing same issue however not sure what settings should be adjusted for the app that we created.

Sandeep Satish
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Sandeep,

Our internal sharepoint team has helped us in finding the right access for it. You can try re-applying the your access to the sharepoint and re-creating client Id and secret key.

Thanks,

Manoj

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee, then you have received this email in error and any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. Please notify us immediately of your unintended receipt by reply and then delete this email and your reply. Tyson Foods, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates will not be held liable to any person resulting from the unintended or unauthorized use of any information contained in this email or as a result of any additions or deletions of information originally contained in this email.