cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Open Workbook "Open Workbook took more than 30 secs." BP Version 6.1

AnkurSharma
Level 2
Hi Everyone,   I have a process which tries to open a workbook which basically an Excel Macro file (.xlsm) and take some time to open due to it size. When I am trying open the workbook using MS EXCEL VBO action Open Workbook, it gives an error "Internal: Could not execute coge stage because exception thrown by code stage. Open workbook took more than 30 secs" I am not sure why BP is only waiting 30 seconds and timing out. Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks !
9 REPLIES 9

Marcde_Leon
Level 2
Hi Ankur,   You can definitely change the timeout for opening Excel. In the Excel VBO ""Open Workbook"" action, there is a data item called Timeout which is defaulted to 30. Changing that may solve your problem.   Marc

PeterBly
Level 3
Marc, I am on version 6.1. I do not have an input for Timeout on the Excel VBO action of Open Workbook. Are you on a different version? Pete

IshanMahajan
Level 7
Can you go and check code stage of your vbo, you may find the time out data item there.

ThaisSanches2
Level 2
I got the same Error, I haved change the time out data item, but the Errror goes on. The Error is only on XLSM files

IshanMahajan
Level 7
I do not see timeout dataitem inside my EXCEL VBO, did you add that ? if yes adding only a data item won't help, you need to use that as well inside the code stage.   Have you tried to open the workbook using Start Process inside Utility - Environment VBO ? you can do that as well and attach to you workbook using MS Excel VBO.

SwaroopM
Level 2
Hello All,

I am facing the similar issue while both opening and closing workbook.
I increased the timeout from 30 sec to 1.5 min but still the issue persists. I am working with XLSM file which is of around 6-7 MB.

Any solution friends?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Swaroop.M

------------------------------
Swaroop M
Consultant
EY
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Swaroop,

I am also facing the same issue with close instance of macro workbook.

Have you found the solution?

If yes, could you please share with us?

Thanks,
Lavanya

Lavanya Adulapuram

@Lavanya Adulapuram,

Are you using the latest version of the MS Excel VBO available on the DX? If not, I'd suggest upgrading to that and seeing if you still experience the issue.

https://digitalexchange.blueprism.com/dx/entry/3439/solution/ms-excel-vbo

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Integrations and Enablement
Blue Prism Digital Exchange

Hi All!  I've had similar issues with XLSM files and found that increasing the timeout in the code stages was sufficient.  However, it could be that my file is in a different location. I move my file to the local user downloads folder first, then open, modify, save and close before moving it back to a network file share.  If your file is not local to the bot workstation, can you try moving it there first and see if that alleviates some of the lag?  Network traffic varies constantly so eliminating this variable might be just enough to get the files to respond in a more reasonable amount of time.  

Hope this helps!

Diane Sanzone