cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on API

FedericoSturtz
Level 2
Hi, the following error is occurring when I try to use an API (Drive API v3) when I execute any action I get an error that says "Unexpected error Index was outside the bounds of the array. Also I take advantage to ask to those who have used the API of google, that it is necessary to put in the field "fields" since it appears in all the actions and would not be knowing that to place. Thank you.
1 REPLY 1

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi Federico,

Let's start with the most basic call on that object. Do you get the same error when you invoke the ​drive.about.get action? Can you post a screen shot of your process flow?

The fields data item is a general purpose data item that Google exposes on all of their Drive actions. You can use it to specify which specific fields you want Google to include in the response to any method call. You can find the generic Google description of it at the following link:

https://developers.google.com/drive/api/v3/fields-parameter

Be aware that each action on the Drive API has different possible return fields though, so you'd have to look at the documentation of whatever method you want to call to see what fields are available if you think you want to try and customize the return.

Cheers,