cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when trying to Activate Application

TomBlackburn1
Level 7
Exception during remote setforegroundwindow - System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo) at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start() at BluePrism.ApplicationManager.clsLocalTargetApp.ForceForeground(IntPtr hwnd) Using a Navigate stage, action Activate Application. The element in Application Modeller was spyed in Win32 mode and the application is Internet Explorer. This isn't for myself, i've advised the person to log with BP support, but just thought i'd post if anyone has come across this before or understands what it means. Cheers, Tom.
2 REPLIES 2

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
There are three main reasons for activate window not working when it did during development. 1. The window you are trying to activate does not exist. This is usually caused by the lack of a wait stage at the start of an action ensuring that the application is ready before attempting to interface withit. This first issue is often found by new trainees when they start testing at full speed (i.e. in Control Room). Their interface worked at slower speeds, but now it runs at full speed they lack of wait stages where they are required will cause errors. 2. A window that was found originally during modelling is no longer found when developing or testing on a different day. This will be due to poorly select attributes. Some attributes are not static - some of the guides on the portal give advice about the best attributes to select for robustness. 3. The Virtual PC desktop does not exist. This is because the virtual environment is not set up correctly (the desktop locks or does not persist when a user is not connected to it. This issue is usually found once developers start testing their automation in their new virtual environment. If our environment fact sheets and guides followed it should not be an issue. An example is if a client is using RDP for their remote access to VDI's - when they disconnect from the VDI the desktop no longer exists.

Can you provide a link to the ""environment fact sheets"" you reference?