cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while marking an item ID as completed in the work Queue

Sri_Krishna_Cha
Level 5
Hi All-   I have added the collection to a work queue using the Action Add to Queue and then iterating through the defined work Queue using the Get Next Item action.    When I am marking the first item in the queue , item is getting marked as completed but for the second item it is throwing the error as    ERROR: Internal : The specified item was not locked by this business object  I have also verified the work item in the work queue of control center and the item has been locked by my own process. Am I missing anything ? Has any one came across this scenario? 
4 REPLIES 4

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
It sounds like you are not storing and using item ids correctly. Are you using the Process Template as the basis for your process.  That will help you enforce best practices and correct work queue usage - I strongly recommend the templates are always used for all solutions.   

Sri_Krishna_Cha
Level 5
Yes I am using the Item ID's in a collection and I could see the collection having data items. But the problem is Get Next Item will read the items from the Work queue that we have configured in the action .

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Get Next Item and Mark Completed/Exception must be performed by the same process or object. Just about every action that updates a queue item requires that you have already taken 'possession' of that item via Get Next Item within the same process or object. I think Tag Item is the only action that doesn't.

Sri_Krishna_Cha
Level 5
I got it.. Thank you. mistake what I have done is that I am passing the Item ID collection in Mark Completed that I got from Add to Queue action, but Add to Queue Collection is not getting looped through and I used the Item ID that I got from Get Next Item action which is the actual way of doing the stuff. Thanks John Carter and Denis