cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel File issue in Production

Geetha_RaniVada
Level 2
Hi Folks, We are facing an issue with "Open Excel Work book and Closing Excel Instance" frequently in production. Error in detail stated below. ERROR: Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: Open Workbook took more than 30 secs. Current BP version : 6.3 Excel Version : Microsoft Office 365 pro plus OS: Windows Server 2016 We are using the same architecture in Dev environment. But never faced such kind of excel issues. Please help me to resolve the issue ASAP.
3 REPLIES 3

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
If you have huge file that recalculates something for over 30 secs OR excel throws Alert at you (like ""update external links?"") and waits for input - your need to increase timeout or disable alerts before opening file.

Geetha_RaniVada
Level 2
Thanks for the response. The file size is in KBs only. If I open the file manually in the nework folder it is not taking 10 seconds also to open the file. But whenever I am working with Bot, it is throwing an exception as ""Open excel taking more than 30 seconds.

Sambashiva_RaoT
Level 4
Hi Geetha, Alternatively, you can also use start process action in the Utility - Environment object to launch the excel file(this will ensure that any addins present in the file are enable )and then proceed using the attach instance action the MS Excel VBO.