cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel - Named Ranges

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm wondering whether anyone has experience of using names ranges in Blue Prism - Object Studio when looking at an Excel file? I'm looking to use named ranges for a form that may potentially change in the future. To make the form more robust, named ranges would allow us to adjust the form when needed without having to adjust our work in Blue Prism. Does anyone have: - Any examples they can share? - Any advice for using named ranges in Object Studio? Many thanks, Tim
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I assume this is your form consists of a number of rows/columns with the names/headings and then the corresponding data in columns/rows. Also I assume that the headings/names are going to remain same even if there are additional columns/rows are added. If this is the case, find the number of rows/columns with the use of 'Get number of rows' or with 'Find next empty cell' Then you will have to run through all the column headings with a comparison to check if the heading is the one you are looking for. To do this, save all the required headings in a collection and use it. This way, you should be able to get the required row/column and the rest will be same as you do now. Hope this helps. And if you are comfortable writing code, adding a code stage will be the easiest way to do this. :) Regards, Sibi