cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel - Open Workbook But Popup Blocks It From Working

IanKelly
Level 3
Hi all, I am trying to open a workbook using the Excel VBO "Open Workbook" stage but there is a popup that appears saying "The user has requested that this document be opened as read only." There are buttons to click "yes, no or cancel." Yes is fine, but the MS VBO is unable to handle this. Any help would be appreciated! Screenshot attached for assistance.
7 REPLIES 7

MetVonghiran
Level 2
Hi Kellyia I have encoutered the same issue. I created an object and use Application Modeller to click yes to ensure that the Excel works normally. Then I use MS Excel ""Attach"" to continue the work. Regards

Mario_pa_sutedj
Level 3
Hi Kellyia, Metvon works, and alternatively use the global key send, that's what I use. kind regards, Mario

IanKelly
Level 3
Thank you both for the solutions. However, during the open workbook code stage, it waits indefinitely for a button to be clicked, so it will never time out, allowing me to use sendkeys or button click. Any advice?

IanKelly
Level 3
I was able to find a solution. By adding in the lines ""instance.DisplayAlerts = false"" before the open line, I was able to get the file to open normally.

JosephJohn
Level 3
Hi Kellyia, i tried to addthe line of code, but it is not helping. Could you please share, if you added that as a separate code action, or within the Open Workbook code stage?

NikhilSaini
Level 3
Hi All, I am facing the same issue and pop gives 3 options [update - Don't Update - Help]. I am new to Blue Prism so will appreciate if some one can elaborate the solution. Thanks Nikhil

The idea is to add that line in the 'Open Workbook' code stage before the open command Dim app As Object app = GetInstance(handle) app.DisplayAlerts = False 'generally better for RPA as you dont want alerts popping up Dim wb as Object = app.Workbooks.Open(fileName, 0, , , , , True) .... The second parameter means updateLinks set to False, and the True parameter is to set ignoreReadOnlyRecommened=True