cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excel VBO and Environment Variable

DianaPalmer
Level 2
I have two questions 1. How do you perform the equivalent of an excel vlookup in Blueprism and then copy it down over several rows? 2. I entered information to copy and paste the current accounting period into a data item when I run a process.  I entered the period "Q1-2019 Summary" in the environment variables. When I try to retrieve the accounting period information from the environment variables, I get an error message that says something like the code stage cannot be found.  When I enter the information manually in the data item the process runs fine. Do you know what is causing the error message? Thanks Diana  
1 REPLY 1

BenKirimlidis
Level 7
Re. #2 To read an environment variable you must: 1. Create a data item 2. Change the exposure 3. Select the variable fro mthe drop down In the attached images you can see each step. Additionally I have flagged the visibility tick box.  You can allow the data item containing the environment variable to be addressed from anywhere.  If you do that you can address it in a calculation stage from anywhere within the process as a global variable (if you wanted) and store it locally.  Notneccessarily best practice but it works and is suitable if you're just figuring stuff out.