cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception Handling

Anonymous
Not applicable
How the infinite loop will occur without the block?
11828.png

------------------------------
Sanaa Fallah
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

Hi Sanaa,

As per the concept, what a block essentially does is to isolate the area of handing any exception within you workflow. So here if any error occurs at Attach stage, then that only will be handled not any other stage's exception can be handled via this recover.

Now imagine that we remove the block and let say my exception occurred at 'Attach' stage then my control would go to Recover stage as any Recover stage without a block will handle any kind of exception that occurs in the page level. So my control goes to Recover and then Resume and then 'Launch' stage. Now assume for some reason even an error occurred at 'Launch' stage as well so the control will again go to 'Recover' stage as there are no blocks. So if there is any error at both 'Launch' and 'Attach' stage in this scenario the workflow will keep on moving to the Recover stage but if we had a block in place then, the Recover stage would have only worked for any exception that happened in 'Attach' stage only. When the exception would have occurred at 'Launch' stage since there were no recover out of the block, the process would have break and the exception would have bubbled up outside if it were being called from any object or process.

So to answer your question, without a block if exception occurred in 'Attach' stage along with some other part in the workflow then yes the loop would be infinite. Adding a block will remove this occurrence as the area of handling the exception will be isolated.

----------------------------------
Hope it helps you and if it resolves you query please mark it as the best answer so that others having the same problem can track the answer easily

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the best answer

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Sanaa,

As per the concept, what a block essentially does is to isolate the area of handing any exception within you workflow. So here if any error occurs at Attach stage, then that only will be handled not any other stage's exception can be handled via this recover.

Now imagine that we remove the block and let say my exception occurred at 'Attach' stage then my control would go to Recover stage as any Recover stage without a block will handle any kind of exception that occurs in the page level. So my control goes to Recover and then Resume and then 'Launch' stage. Now assume for some reason even an error occurred at 'Launch' stage as well so the control will again go to 'Recover' stage as there are no blocks. So if there is any error at both 'Launch' and 'Attach' stage in this scenario the workflow will keep on moving to the Recover stage but if we had a block in place then, the Recover stage would have only worked for any exception that happened in 'Attach' stage only. When the exception would have occurred at 'Launch' stage since there were no recover out of the block, the process would have break and the exception would have bubbled up outside if it were being called from any object or process.

So to answer your question, without a block if exception occurred in 'Attach' stage along with some other part in the workflow then yes the loop would be infinite. Adding a block will remove this occurrence as the area of handling the exception will be isolated.

Hope it helps you and if it resolves you query please mark it as the best answer so that others having the same problem can track the answer easily

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
Wonderbotz India Pvt. Ltd.

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the best answer

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.

Anonymous
Not applicable
that's a fresher 
Thank you @devneetmohanty07