cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writer not typing into Web Element (ARIA related)

CameronPirrie
Level 2
I have a web Element that the Writer is unable to type into, I believe it may be due to the element not being properly defined in the Application Modeler when selecting the element and is linked to ARIA controls.

The 1st screenshot attached shows the Div classes that are highlighted when I click on the element on the website.

The 2nd screenshot shows the Div classes highlighted by the Application Modeler after I have 'Identified' the element using the Application Modeler.

There are more Div classes highlighted (ARIA) when clicking on the site that the Application modeler highlights - something to do with 'aria' and 'downshirt-1...'

Can anyone offer any insight into how to properly identify this element and type into it?

Any help will be much appreciated!
When clicking on element on the site, these are the highlighted elements:
36242.png

After Identification using the Application Modeler, these are the highlighted Elements:

36243.png

1 REPLY 1

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
You might need to switch to using a Navigate stage to send keystrokes Cameron. Not every type of element is 'writeable', and sometimes you need to make the digital worker behave as a human would - ie send input with the keyboard, You can have the same issue with 'Press', where instead you need to use mouse clicks.

It would be worth trying to spy the <input> element that's nested within the <div> elements in your screenshots - maybe that is writable. If you can't spy it with the mouse the try the Application Navigator and select it from the element tree.