cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)

HemachandraSidd
Level 4
Hei, We have a robot scheduled that handles 20-30 cases everyday. From time to time we encounter this error on some cases and could not find much help from the logs or from other forum topics. Has anyone encountered similar problems and have found a solution or root cause. This error is very rare ( once in 100 cases solved by the robot ). Error:  Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Click Create Supplier' on page 'Create Supplier' - Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)) Any hint or help here would be very much appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6

Kristine_JoyceF
Level 2
Hi Hemachanderrao, I also encountered similar error when accessing a web application. The bot has access rights to the said application but when the bot tries to launch it in IE (using 'launch' action in Navigate stage) , sometimes an error similar to what you encounter appears. I got rid of that by waiting for the IE home page to load completely then used the (using 'navigate' action in Navigate stage) to go to the application I need. Unlike you, I havent experienced it when bot tries to click an element but most likely putting retries in your action will get the job done.  

JonNorman
Level 2
I recently ran into this when it was working within an Internet Explorer app. Very random error. Mine was solved by clearing the cache in Internet Explorer. I was able to set the Clear Cache on Exit in IE Settings, then I added a recovery stage to Exit and Relaunch internet explorer when a system exception (such as this one) occurred. Hope this helps!

LiangWan
Level 2
Hi , I have the same kind of issue. I tried all the solutions on the internet but nothing helps. Have you had it resolved?  

AnthonyCamargo2
Level 3
Hi everyone,   I am also having an issue with this. The website I am using has a new version and an old version for a page. On the old version everything is working fine but on one page, I have to use the new version and when I do this. The bot is able to spy elements for a little while but then it gets this error mentioned above (Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))). I have a workaround by changing the compatibility mode on and off and spying one element at a time before it crashes but this isn't really a solution.   Does anybody have any ideas on what I can try to fix this?

JohnDoe3
Level 3
I am experiencing the same problem, and clearing the caches nor retries are working. Any body have any information on this?

Hello,
You may try changing the internet security options
In Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> tab Security -> select zone Internet -> click button Custom Level
I was  opening IE with blank URL and couldn't navigate to any website. Enabling some options helped in my case.
Regards,
Maciej

------------------------------
Regards,
Maciej Glowacki
------------------------------
Regards, [FirstName] [LastName]