cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown

VivekRajendran1
Level 2
We are running a process in multiple bots and it is scheduled to run on 24/7. And we have seen the sessions are getting terminated with the "Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown." after running for 1:30 to 2:00 hours continuously. Also the runtime resource on resource pc get crashed and the resource pc loses its connectivity from Interactive client. What would be the cause of this issue, please advice.

------------------------------
Vivek Rajendran

1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

We solved this by downloading the invoice as a csv instead of an xlsx file.
Far less memory required.

Leon André Bergman

View answer in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Vivek, 

There are many reasons why OutOfMemoryExceptions can occur, they are highlighted, along with numerous steps to combat them, in this KB article

http://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/1141009962

Hope that helps.

Michael Lawrence
Senior Product Consultant
Blue Prism
Europe/London

hi, i cannot Access to this link. Could you please help me?

http://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/1141009962

I´m having the message Unhandled error occurred in the Replace function: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException'  when i´m trying to replace some symbols befort import a .csv file to sql database. My process normally works but since I had a problem with other process which never ended and we had to kill it, my process start giving this error. Now we restart client and it Works again, but I need to know how to avoid this class of problems.
I have like 200.000 rows aprox on my file.

Thanks            ​

Cinthia Lopez

Try just to open the support website and try to search the article by name 

How do I avoid Out Of Memory issues

https://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/support-center#/path/

Be sure to be login to the portal before opening the link.

Luis Lopez
Customer Support Engineer English and Spanish
Blue Prism Ltd

I would like to answer this as per my knowledge.
Having 200000 records in it will certainly make it out of memory. To load them, what I used to do was opening my Task manager and free up some memory to give a temporary run. 
It will no throw this exception at that moment, not a permanent fix. 
Plus, I believe loading 200000 records would make no optimization. Better make a query to filter out the result and then load it. 
Please correct me of wrong. 
Thanks. 

Guggs Kia

I have the same issue with this error.

We recently increased the memory on the resource pc from 2 to 4 GB, and we see that it crashed the resource at 2,7GB.
We're trying to load in an invoice with roughly 50 000 rows from a 4,4mb xlsx document.

Trying to check the KB article is proving impossible for me, as all I get is a list of your offices.
When trying to navigate to the support center manualy after logging in, it just shows me a list of your offices again. I've tried it in different browsers, and on different pc's located on different networks.

13341.png
Leon André Bergman

Hi Leon - in the past I have issues with the BP site (especially the Digital Exchange) due to cookies. Can you try to use incognito browser and access the link there after login? If it works there then it is a cookies issue with the browser. 

Best of luck,
Seraj

Seraj Gaffas
Intelligent Automation Analyst
Emerson
America/Chicago

We solved this by downloading the invoice as a csv instead of an xlsx file.
Far less memory required.

Leon André Bergman

The issue with not being able to get to Support Center was an account issue. It wasn't connected to my company correctly. It has now been fixed after talking to support.

Leon André Bergman