cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exposing Web Services and running processes on same resource

RichardLoughins
Level 4
Hi, Does anyone know if exposing a process as a web service and running another process (on a scheduler) on the same resource would cause any problems?  I've currently got a process (call it process1) exposed as a web service on one resource, and on another resource I'm running a different process (process2).  It seems a bit of a waste having one resource just sitting there listening for new requests to come through, so had an idea of placing both processes on the one resource.  However, I'm not sure if this will cause any problems to either process. For example, if process2 is working on something, and a new request comes through on process1, would the request be blocked because the Resource is currently being utilised?
2 REPLIES 2

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
If you are seriously exposing a webservice that could be used by lots of users (100s) then a dedicated resource for that webservice would seem sensible to me.  However, there is nothing stopping you running it at the same time as a control room session - ensure your webservice process is only using background objects (that should not be a problem - your exposed web service should be doing nothing more than adding items to a work queue), and it might be sensible to have your resourcepc running on a different port for your main process.

RichardLoughins
Level 4
Thanks Denis!