cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract the text

challaviswanath
Level 4
Hi Everyone, can anyone tell me how to extract the text which is placed inside the braces? For Example my requirement is ( Hello Everyone) and the out shoul be "Hello Everyone"i.e excluding the braces. Thankyou 
2 REPLIES 2

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Hello - this is a fairly easy one, it could be done with calculation stages or regular expressions - there is a section at the end of the interfacing with pdfs guide all about parsing text which may be of use to you, but my suggestion is to experiment with calculation stages, look at the text functions available and use the evaluate expression button until you figure out what you need. Off the top of my head - how about something like this: Mid([TestText],InStr([TestText],""("")+1,InStr([TestText],"")"")-InStr([TestText],""("")-1)

challaviswanath
Level 4
Hello Denis I am sorry to say that iam unable to get the exact logic....my actual reqirement is im sending value from the collection named as Coll1.Flying_From to the combo box,im storing the data in  From Data item.The value from the collection is an acryonym of the city name like Manchester means MAN.So by comparing the collection values with From Data item i have to select the Exact item in the drop down list.Can you give me the logic for this.I have mentioned original Collection name and data item name. Thankyou