cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing an issue while saving data into an application

NarasimhaPeddir
Level 3
Hi,   I am trying to save data into my application using Blue Prism. But it is not happening and going empty values while saving and getting errors due to empty values. When manually saving the data is saving, but through the same data is not saving. Please give me any suggestion or idea with how can I over come this? Thanking you in advance. Regards, Narasimha Reddy P
7 REPLIES 7

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Some apps are built to expect human input via the keyboard and have no 'awareness' of data entered via the Write stage. even though you can see the data entered by the Write stage, the app still 'thinks' the field is empty. The workaround is usually to use keystrokes instead of the Write stage, making the process input more humanlike.

NarasimhaPeddir
Level 3
Thank you John, I will check with the application as is there any restriction like as you explained.

NarasimhaPeddir
Level 3
Hi, is there any way to over come the above issue as to take the data entered by RPA.        

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
I'm not sure I understand the question. If you're asking how to enter data into an app when the Write stage is unsuitable, then the answer is to use keystrokes and/or copy&paste.

NarasimhaPeddir
Level 3
yes, the same was my question as how to enter the data into an app when the write stage is unsuitable. How can I write the data into app using RPA? 

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
For the 3rd time, if the Write stage is unsuitable, then the answer is to use a Navigate stages to send keystrokes and/or copy & paste.

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Lol!  There is a guide in the documents area of the portal on how to use sendkeys