cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facing issue with Concatenation in Blueprism

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I am trying to trigger a shell script from Blueprism which takes 2 inputs as parameters like sh myshell.sh par1 par2. I am keeping the parameters in a excel file required for shell script and read them using Excel VBO and concatenating them like this "sh myshell.sh" + "par1" + "par2" and forming a string "sh myshell.sh par1 par2" and its working fine when the excel will have only one set of parameters problem comes when the excel have multiple parameters records its concatenating the previous values  of parameter and current values of parameters also like this sh myshell.sh par1 par 2 par3 par4 how can i avoid this situation in the second run i should get the string like sh myshell.sh par3 par4 only without previous values.I am attaching my blueprism flow in the attachment. Thanks in advance please help in solving this issue.   Thanks, Rahul.
2 REPLIES 2

GopalBhaire
Level 10
Reset the parameter variable after calling your script

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Looking at your flow my one suggestion is you go to the Products->Templates area of the portal and ALWAYS use our Process Template as the basis for everything you build in Blue Prism.  The template is distributed with instructions, and includes a sub-page to reset data items.  Also look at the Lifecycle Orientation training solution as an example of a Best Practice solution using the process template.