cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Java Attach Issue

lakvemul
Level 2

Hello Team,

We are using V6.10.3 BP and had recently migrated from ATOS bot machines to AWS bot machines. We are recurrently (after every AWS machine rebuild that usually happens every month) facing the below java related error when running Oracle automations on the newly build AWS machines.

"ERROR: Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Attach' on page 'Attach to Window Title' - Could not initialise Java Access Bridge support - Could not load type 'BluePrism.BPCoreLib.BluePrismException' from assembly 'BPCoreLib, Version=6.10.3.47902, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'."

Has anyone ever encountered this and found any resolution? Please guide through.
Thanks in Advance

3 REPLIES 3

steven.boggs
Staff
Staff

We have a Knowledge Base article that addresses this error scenario you're seeing here:

BPE error "Could not initialize Java Access Bridge support - Failed to load Java Access Bridge DLL" when attempting to load Java Access Bridge

If this is occurring after the machines are rebuilt on a regular interval, you may need to add procedures to the rebuild process to ensure that JAB gets installed and/or enabled and the necessary .dll files are located in the Blue Prism Automate folder.

Hi Steven,
Enabling JAB and placing .dll files to automate folder are part of rebuilt activity and we still encounter the error repeatedly post rebuild. Couldn't specifically figure out what settings or configurations are leading to this error.

Would you suggest any specific configuration check after the rebulit activity?

Thanks

From the Java Access Bridge setup page on the Oracle website, the key files used by their Java Access Bridge (JAB) software are listed in tables 2-2 and 2-3 (for Windows 64- and 32-bit). One recommendation would be to ensure all these files are present following the rebuild as well as the steps you state being performed to ensure files are moved and JAB is enabled.

From a Blue Prism standpoint, follow-up verification steps (post-rebuild) could be to ensure JAB connectivity is present by following the guidance in our KBs, "How to check if my PC is ready to use Java Spy Mode" and "How can I check whether Blue Prism can spy my Java application?".