cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Activate' on page 'Activate' - Exception during remote setforegroundwindow

SusheelMaurya
Level 3
Hi, I am getting below error while activating my window in win32 mode. If anyone has faced this issue could you please give me the solution or any idea to handle this error. I am getting this randomly. ERROR: Internal : Failed to perform step 1 in Navigate Stage 'Activate' on page 'Activate' - Exception during remote setforegroundwindow - System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo) at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start() at BluePrism.ApplicationManager.clsLocalTargetApp.ForceForeground(IntPtr hwnd) Thanks, Susheel Maurya
5 REPLIES 5

coreydrees
Level 4
I am gettin this error as well

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
You can get this error on a server OS where more than 1 person is logged into the same machine. Otherwise you can work around it by Recover/Resume, pause 1 second, then Activate again. I accept this is not a fix, but it's worked for me in the past.

NeaguEduard
Level 3
Hi, I had the same problem with activating the IE window on a virtualized runtime resource (as I nee to use the send keys command and the window must be active). The runtime and app server are virtualized using VMWare and for the remote control I am using VMware vSphere which seems to fulfill BluePrism's requirements. A summary of what I did: 1. tried focusing or clicking on an HTML element - this is not activating the window; 2. spied the entire IE window with Win32 and using the Activate Application window but it didn't work as well; 3. spied the entire IE window with Active Accessibility and using the Focus action and it didn't work; The current solution that is working for me was to spy the entire IE window with the Active Accessibility and use the Global Mouse Click action (I set X=50, Y=10, Mouse Button= blank or ""Left"") and basically the mouse pointer moves on the window's title bar and clicks somewhere near the top left corner and activates the window. I tested this on a runtime virtual resource while starting the process from the virtual server (using the scheduler) and it is working even if I am remotely connected to the runtime or not. Also I connected and disconnected remotly several times while the process was running without any problem, so the solution seems to be stable. There are some actions involving mouse click on the Win32 spied window that could also work.

Hi John,

I am facing exactly the same issue in my local environment. So for me it's not the case of multi-user and I also managed to use retry in that step with a pause of three seconds but it doesn't really work,
Could you please help me on this?

------------------------------
Narayan Shrawagi
Senior Consultant
T systems India private limited
Europe/London
Narayan

Have a look:
Support Center | Blue Prism Portal

Pashupati Mishra