cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failing to automate a research in Google Chrome

AlessandroDell_
Level 2
Hi, 
I would like to start by saying that I am  quite new to blueprism and I've just undergone the foundation training.
I am doing an exercise where I have to automate a research on website. I can't provide the website unfortunately but basically these are the steps I have created  in the VBO (one page for each step) :
-Launch Google chrome
-maximise the window
-click the research bar and write down a name and press then "find" button
There are further steps I should automate but here I have a problem. I've automated in the vbo through the application modeller and the spy mode. Everything is working fine until the bot press the "find" button. The name is correctly inserted in the research bar yet, for some reasons, instead of searching the name I've provided in the research bar, the process instead search for  "*".
Anybody that could give me any help?
Regards,
Alessandro

------------------------------
Alessandro Dell'Anno
2 REPLIES 2

EVIPUTI
MVP
@Alessandro Dell'Anno Its a general issue , I have faced this many times with applications. A workaround is to send a click to the text box(click center may be) and then use Send Keys or send key events to send the value to  the field.

Vipul Tiwari
Senior Process Simplification Developer
Amazon
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------

ritansh.jatwani
Level 9
Hi @Alessandro Dell'Anno,

Have you tried with other spying modes (e.g. UIA mode)?
If that doesn't work, then the best way would be to use send keys approach only. Perform click center on the textbox, write the value using send keys and then pass "ENTER" (using Global send keys) to search for the value.​

Ritansh Jatwani Senior Consultant
Consultant
EY
Gurgaon
*If you find this post helpful mark it as best answer