cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBO IE vs. MS Edge

Hi,

we are migrating automation from IE to MS Edge on BP 6.9.

The old VBO is using HTML mode and it works fine.
We started with new VBO (not migrating) and realized that we can't use the browser mode because it does not detect any element on the page. UIA mode can be used. The URL looks like this https://..../IWServiceView.dll/ which I suspected that it may cause issues as it is probably some program wrapped within HTML envelope. 

But what strikes me that the old IE HTML mode works fine but the new browser mode does not.

Is there any settings which can be modified to make it work?

Can I check something to be sure that browser mode is out of the game?

Thanks for any hints or suggestions.

Regards,

Zdenek

4 REPLIES 4

expertcr
Staff
Staff
IE and EDGE are not the same. To work with EDGE need to use the BP Extension. You can try using the compatibility mode in EDGE and see if this allow keeping using the VBO, but don't that will not allow using any other functions that depend on the Blue Prism extension for EDGE.

Hi, Luis,

we have installed the extension and we can see the browser mode but it does not detect any element.

Regards,

Zdenek

EVIPUTI
MVP
Browser mode works perfectly for me , so yeah its still in the game .
Just confirming , if you have enabled the extension on edge ! I mean i have seen developers installing the extension but not really enabling it on edge. Also can you check registry(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Edge\Extensions) if the extension is installed and is the right extension version. 
Not very sure if the local or group policies affect the extension here but worth a check !
------------------------------ Vipul Tiwari Senior Process Simplification Developer Amazon ------------------------------

Neel1
MVP

Hello - We also faced this issue in BP 6.9 where there was intermittent issue with  browser mode on Chrome. After a long investigation with Support team, We found out that extension was loading late and hence browser mode was not working .

You can check the version of Extension and check your issue after enablement of extension and RR reboot.