cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File path issue from Process Studio

Wang_Lisa
Level 2
I'm having an issue sending a file path as an input from Process Studio to my Business Object code stage. I'm trying to create a pdf from several lines of text that I've extracted from a .txt file. When I test the process in Object Studio and add the path as an input the code works fine. However when I call the Business Object as an action from my process and try to send the path as an input I receive the following error: 'Internal : Could not execute code stage because exception thrown by code stage: PDF file Path must not be empty". I can see from the logs that the input is populated but somehow it's not making it back to my custom Business Object. What am I missing? Thanks! LW
4 REPLIES 4

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Sounds like your inputs and data items are not joined up - somehow the value from the process is not making it through to the code stage. If you step in you should see where the error is.

Wang_Lisa
Level 2
I can't even seem to step through it. I'm given the error before it can even get to the business object. Does anyone have any advice on how to make sure the data items are syncing up and not getting lost on their way back to the code stage?

Anonymous
Not applicable
yes this is because you have not properly specified your data items...In the action stage where you are calling that object make sure that the correct items are selected(in input section)

Wang_Lisa
Level 2
I figured this out. There was a page reference being called from my initialize stage which wasn't receiving any inputs. I had to remove that and everything worked fine.