cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefox - UI Spy Mode Issue

AnastasiosKrap1
Level 3
Hello everyone, 

i am intregrating blueprism with Firefox browser and due to web application restrcitions we use UIA mode to capture some elements. Until yesterday there was no problem regarding the UIA mode. Today i was trying to test my solution and as it seems there is an problem with UIA and Firedox. Specifically, i am trying to highlight the captured elements or re-capture new elements using UIA, but it seems that we can spy only the tab and browser-related button (e.g. URL bar, new tab etc.) - and not the web page. This seems very strange and it looks like a firefox-blueprism issue as i checked the same thing in IE and the UIA mode had no problem.
Note that browser mode still works fine.

Has anyone ever faced this problem? 

P.S. i have checked the firefox config, re-installed firefox and restarted PC but nothing...

Thanks!

------------------------------
AK
2 REPLIES 2

InJoeKhor
Staff
Staff
Hi AK,

Blue Prism provides native support for automating web pages and applications in Firefox through the use of browser extensions. 

The Mozilla Firefox Browser extensions are required to be installed whenever Blue Prism needs to interact with Firefox browsers. They are needed for both Application Modelling (Spying) on the Object designer's workstation and on the Runtime Resources to automate the modelled application. The browser extensions/plugins run whenever Firefox is open and the plugin is enabled.

From v6.4.0 onwards, Blue Prism provides native support for automating web pages and applications in Firefox through the use of a Blue Prism Firefox extension. This feature enables the accelerated development of process automations targeted at Web Apps and sites presented in Firefox.

The 'Native Chrome and Firefox Integration' Data Sheet provides technical guidance regarding the specification and configuration of environments for Blue Prism. It is intended as a guide for indicative sizing and configuration. However, specific environments will vary depending on the profile of the Blue Prism implementation.

The following table shows which Firefox Browser Extension version we recommend using with which Blue Prism version as this has been evaluated and tested by our Product team:

Blue Prism Version Release Date                Firefox Browser Extension Version Evaluated against Firefox Browser Version
6.6.0 September 2019 6.6.0.15260 68.0 also compatible with 67.0
6.5.1 August 2019 6.5.0.12573 68.0 also compatible with 67.0                    
6.5.0 April 2019 6.5.0.12573 66.0.3
6.4.3a July 2019 6.4.3 67.0.1
6.4.2 February 2019               6.4.2 65.0.1
6.4.1 January 2019 6.4.1.9862 64.0.2

InJoe Khor
Blue Prism
Blue Prism
In Joe Khor Sr. Product Consultant Blue Prism

MIROSLAWGADEK
Level 2
Hi, I had the same issue.
Please look at my post and answer here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/60183911/blue-prism-not-able-to-spy-elements-browser-firefox

If you will set the the "Preferences" file please set in the file options that the file will be read only which will stop that Chrome will override the file

Regards,
Mirek

MIROSLAW GADEK
CI & QUALITY MANAGER DACH
Schneider Electric Operations Consulting GmbH
Europe/Berlin