cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ForeGround Issue

sai_bhargavaraj
Level 3
Hi All,   I had designed a process where it interacts with browser based application. Scheduling the process is also done. When the process is running in unattended mode many times i'm facing issues like foreground issue, spying issues which on the whole affecting my bot performance. When i run the process in attended mode everything is working fine. Is this a common issue? Please suggest me some solution     thanks, Bhargav
5 REPLIES 5

AndreyKudinov
Level 10
That usually means either you need more waits/exception handling or bot environment changed. For example when you run in attended mode, bot runs slow enough that page loads fine, but in unattended it is not loaded yet, but you are already trying to interact with element that is not there.  

SanjanaS1
Level 3
Hi Bhargav, As per my knowledge, this is a common issue. What you can do is, in unattended mode, try to re-run the Login Agent. If the Login Agent runs successfully on the bot, then you will not have these issues.   Hope this helps 🙂

LisaWood
Level 2
I was wondering...Do you happen to get that foreground error when the server gets locked or timed-out? We get a foreground error when our server locks and then times-out due to ""Remote Desktop Services session ended because the remote computer didn't receive any input from you"".

Hi, I have seen this error "Could not identify process owning the current foreground window" especially in the Navigate stage and on VDI which is inside Citrix.

I feel the above suggestion makes sense to increase the wait timer to allow the application to reach the new window before it can be attached. Although I have not implemented this but would definitely try this out and come back with the result. Thanks.

------------------------------
Charanjiv Singh Janjua
Mr
Accenture
Asia/Kolkata

Hello,

We are using VCI with Citrix without any issues.

The issue is mainly caused when Blue Prism tries to ask the operating system for the current foreground window token. The Windows operating system keeps a track of which window currently has the token which designates it as the current foregrounded window. So when the call to Activate Application action is made, Blue Prism asks the OS for this token. Due to the way various applications respond to such requests, or the permission levels for eg on VMs or bitness, Blue Prism is prevented from getting this token. Hence Blue Prism tells you it could not identify the current foreground process window that owns this token.

The solution is

1. Use "Verify" or "Focus" actions on the application instead of "Activate Application". This highlights the application that you want to foreground.
  2. Make the application run mode to Foreground
Hope this helps

Walter Koller
Solution Manager
Erste Group IT International GmbH
Europe/Vienna