cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Clipboard to Collection

GertLõhmus
Level 4
I would like to get my Clipboard information to a collection. I was trying to construct this in C# but so far I have failed.  Was wondering if anyone already has this code stage for this prepared and would be willing to share as I could not find this in any of the common objects.   hope this is more or less the place where to enter this post.
6 REPLIES 6

GautamMishra
Level 2
try pasting data from clipboard to excel and from there get it in collection

MartynasBalaisi
Level 7
You don't need to paste data - there's a lot more convenient action Get Clipboard under object Utility - Environment (import ""C:\Program Files\Blue Prism Limited\Blue Prism Automate\VBO\BPA Object - Utility - Environment.xml"" if you don't have it).      

GertLõhmus
Level 4
Wrote it in C#.   I wanted to avoid Excel and I wanted to enter the table to Collection.   Thank you!

NicholasRudy
Staff
Staff
The ""Get Clipboard"" action mentioned above, could be combined with the ""Get CSV as collection"" action in the ""Utility - Strings"" VBO, if your data is able to be converted into CSV format.  Also, if you want to reduce the amount of coding, you could start with the ""Get CSV as collection"" action and use a pipe as a delimiter.  This would substantially reduce the amount of coding required to accomplish what you were trying to do.

Hi , Is there a way to copy data from collection to clipboard directly?

------------------------------
Sandeep Satish
IT Architect
Agilent Technologies
Asia/Kolkata

Hi Sandeep - in a word, no.

However it can be done by using a code stage to manufacture a .Net DataTable, populate it with data from the clipboard, and output it as a BP collection. And how the clipboard data is structured will determine how much effort is required to shape it into a DataTable. I think utilities for CSV and JSON are available.

John Carter
Professional Services
Blue Prism