cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Collection from Excel - Characters are imported as question marks

AndreKöpplin
Level 5
​Dear BP Community

Our Business teams are using RPA to create documents and emails for our internal clients. The inputs for this documents are read from several excel spread sheets and the input includes also special characters e.g. ą , ć. After the migration to Blue Prism 6 and Win10, we noted that few of the special characters, which were display in BPv5/Win7 correctly are imported as questions marks to the collections and documents/emails.

Attached you can find my input file (Special CharactersCSV.xlsx) in "Column B" are the used characters and an screen shot from my collection (left Win10 and right Win7) as output. I get the collection with the BP BO "MS Excel VBO - Get Worksheet As Collection".

Maybe someone of you can test on their system, if you are facing the similar issue with BPv6 on Win10? Or someone had this situation in the past too and can give me an advice, how I can solve it.

Thanks and best regards
Andre

------------------------------
Andre Köpplin
Senior Business Process Analyst
1 REPLY 1

MichalSzumski
Level 6
Hi Andre,

Fault lies in Excel VBO most probably. We had the same issue. Action "Get Worksheet As Collection" had this line in code stage:

Dim data As String = Clipboard.GetDataObject().GetData(DataFormats.Text, True)

While it should be: 

Dim data As String = Clipboard.GetDataObject().GetData(DataFormats.UnicodeText, True)

For us it worked. You should correct it in all actions in Excel VBO that uses this part of the code.

Best regards
Michal

Michal Szumski
RPA developer
Rockwell Automation
Europe/Warsaw