cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"unable to determine whether DB exists"

BarryBell
Level 4
Good afternoon, I need some help getting outside vendor access to BP. They are able to get into our server, I have added them as a user in BP but when they are signed in and then launch BP the following error comes up: If I click on "configure" it asks for admin credentials and if I supply them the configure screen comes up but seems to be pointless. The DB and server are valid and connected.  Any ideas?
17230.png

------------------------------
Barry Bell
RPA Manager
DHGLLP
America/New_York
3 REPLIES 3

TetsujiJunicho
Level 9
Hi,

You might want to check this: https://portal.blueprism.com/system/files/documents/v6.5%20User%20Guide%20-%20Installing%20Enterprise%20Edition.pdf

Unable to determine whether database exists
When testing a SQL connection an error message is displayed:
Unable to determine whether database exists - A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while
establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance
name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network
Interfaces, error:26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)
This is a common error when working with SQL 2008 R2 or later as the server is set up by default to not
accept remote connections. TCP/IP connectivity needs to be enabled for the given instance of SQL Server.
Microsoft provide articles specific to each version of SQL that provide instructions to Enable the TCP/IP
Network Protocol for SQL Server.

You should check the TCP/IP Network Protocol and the port # such as 1433 on Firewall and SQLServerManager settings.

Hope this helps. ​

Tetsuji Junicho
Manager of RPA Practice Grp.
Accenture Japan
Asia/Tokyo

SteveWaters
Staff
Staff
This could also be an issue with the permissions to the SQL database.  Make sure the account you are connecting with has the appropriate rights.

I suggest reading the Provisioning A Blue Prism Database available on the Blue Prism Portal.

Steve Waters
Platform Consultant
Blue Prism Professional Services
America/Chicago

Thanks to you both. It was an issue with the user needing to be added to SQL. I assumed it would be automatic when I created the user's profile. Rookie mistake.

Barry Bell
RPA Manager
DHGLLP
America/New_York