cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

control centre showing which process/queue is being worked?

Chan_Thomas
Level 3

Hey there, 

Is there a way to show which process or Queue is being worked in the Control Centre by each worker? we have 7 workers, and I can see standard view such as available processes, Resources and then the Environment, but in the environment it doesn't state which worker is doing what process. I've been told I need to log in to each worker via our VNC and try to determine what process it's on by watching it. 
is there a way to get this information showing? 

Thanks! 

4 REPLIES 4

Hi, Chan_Thomas,

that is not true. In Environment you can see various columns and one of the columns show process name and another one (adjacent) shows the resource name so that you can see at first sight which runtime resource is running which process. See attached picture. You can even filter by resource so that you know which process is running at that particular time on that particular resource.

zdenekkabatek_0-1726582996015.png

There is no need to connect to a particular runtime resource. Concerning which queue is using which process - you should introduce some naming convention so that you know it from the first sight as well.

Regards

Zdenek

Chan_Thomas
Level 3

hey there! thanks for your reply! makes sense, but I guess a big thing I forgot to mention (sorry!) was that we run our processes through an orchestrator. So there are daily tasks, named days tasks, and then Get Next Best Item from the queues. 

Would it be best practice to include an action before every process that tags and updates the Environment with the process name? so we can see what process it's currently on? if that makes sense?

Chan_Thomas_0-1726590730235.png

thanks! 

Ha, ha, that was pretty important information 😉. Well, the solution which you suggested could be the right one even though I do not know how to tag the environment as you can tag the queue item but your orchestrator might be able to do it. If you can do this I would like to know so I would appreciate if you share the way how to do it.

The other option, depending on number of queues you have, might be to look at the queues and see where the items are being processed - locked - then you can deduct which process is running and you can also see on which resource. But it might be time consuming.

Regards

Zdenek

Hello @Chan_Thomas 
you can easily see which processes or queues each worker is executing. Simply navigate to the Active Sessions tab, where you'll find a list of all currently running sessions along with the corresponding worker and process details. Additionally, you can check the Queues tab to monitor which items are being processed. For more comprehensive insights, consider enabling session logging or using Blue Prism Analytics for custom reporting. This way, you won't need to log into each worker to determine their activity.