cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Control Room overview using CMD

IsmaelRamirez
Level 3
Hi,  Is it possible to get a list of the control room using command line? I see it's possible to get schedule reports, just with /viewschedreport { | } [/schedule |...]. However, I see nothing for the actual control room status. I am trying to automate daily tasks using predefined schedules when there is any file in some folders but the issue here is that if the resource is busy there is no way to know it from a different resource and there is not any kind of failure message when running the schedule using: automatec /user admin admin /startschedule /schedule "Some Schedule". Some good tips how to achieve my goals!?!  Thanks a lot.   
3 REPLIES 3

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Ismail - yes and no. There is no 'Get Control Room Activity' command line feature, but there are some other commands that might be useful. If you start a process via the command line, you get the Session ID in return. This ID can then be used to monitor the session status, eg Running/Completed/Terminated etc. You can also use the HTTP API to get the status of a resource PC. See the Help files for both these subjects. Although these commands offer a somewhat meagre toolset (for example you can't get a list of resource PC names), with experimentation you can achieve some quite sophisticated control logic.

JeromeDescreux
Level 3
Hi,  I am interested in the documents mentioned on the below topics but cannot find them in the knowledge base or docs repository: Explain the command lines available to interact with a runtime Explain the API calls to a resource PC Thanks a lot

John__Carter
Staff
Staff
Hi Jerome - look in the Help of the Blue Prism system (press F1)