cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Item by ID doesnt work

jgregor4
Level 6
Hi,
I am trying to use the Get Item by ID work queue action (v6.10.2) however it does not appear to be working correctly.
I have an action to get all items with a certain Key - I then loop through the collection of Items ID's (with the correct queue name) yet when stepping over the action to Get Item by ID (to lock it and update the status) it isn't locking the item in the queue meaning the status update action fails.

Blue Prism is pulling the Item ID's itself into a collection so i dont understand why it then does not work correctly to Get Item by ID.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi James,

I've just attempted a test of the "Get Item by ID" action and I can't seem to replicate this behavior - can I check - what are the statuses of the items you're looking to "get" from the queue? Are they pending or have they been worked previously and so they're complete/exceptioned?

Regards,
Rob
Robert Nicklin Product Manager Blue Prism Warrington, England

Hi James,

If the item ID you are trying to retrieve is not in a Pending state, this action is bound to fail. As both 'Get Next Item' and 'Get Item By ID' only retrieve the pending state items by locking them for further use, hence changing the status to Locked state.

Please check the status of those Item ID's and let us know if they are in 'Pending' state or in some other state before you are executing this action.
----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

----------------------------------

jgregor4
Level 6
There were only 2 pending items in the queue which I had obtained the ID's by using the Get Pending Items actions yet neither would get picked up using the get item by ID action. I changed the action to a regular Get Next Item action and Blue Prism would pick up and lock them so they were available to be locked but for some reason the get item by ID action doesnt want to work