cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting an error about maxiumu concurrent sessions permitted.

TracySchultz
Level 6
This is the full error  I'm getting "Task: Login - Session creation failed on resource 'RPARUN1': Failed to create session on RPARUN1 - The requested operation is not permitted, because the license currently in use does not permit it.The maximum number of concurrent sessions permitted by the"

Our license allows two sessions and from what I can see there are no active sessions running. Can anyone suggest some troubleshooting items I can do to ascertain what is causing the issue? Everything was running fine on Friday.

------------------------------
Tracy Schultz
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

I resolved this and in case anyone has this issue in the future here is what I did.

1. Logged into the server we have that runs BluePrism
  2. Opened up services in Windows
  3. Restarted the Blue Prism Server service
  4. This allowed me to run my services again
As I'm not an expert I can't say for sure but I'd hazard a guess this cleared the cache and something was hung up in there.

Tracy Schultz

View answer in original post

13 REPLIES 13

david.l.morris
Level 14
Usually the first thing to check is whether there are any sessions that show a status of things like Pending/Running/Warning/Stopping (I think that's it hmm). Most of those states you can filter directly on (except Warning I think). You'll also want to increase the Filter on column on Start Time to some time in the past.

It's possible there's some pending/running session lock in the DB, but usually that isn't the issue. I would check the simple stuff first just by increasing the filters to include more time.

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA

gmarquez
Level 6
Are you using any webservices on the resource? If so, these could be using the other session licenses.

Gabe Marquez
Technical Support Engineer
Blue Prism

@gmarquez It shouldn't be, how can I check for if this is the case? When I  ​look in session management I'm not seeing any sessions.

Tracy

Tracy Schultz

You would have to look in your System tab > Process > Exposure and also Objects > Exposure to see if you have any exposed as web services.

Gabe Marquez
Blue Prism

@gmarquez​​ I just checked and nothing is exposed. We had been working to setup some Web API Services, I have deleted those as a precaution as we were only just starting to try those. Is there any way I can see what is using the sessions? I'm a little frustrated as I can't even see what might be using them. (Just realized this might need clarification, not frustrated with anyone but myself as I'm not sure why this is happening and finding myself unable to figure it out)

Tracy Schultz

Thanks @Dave Morris I have checked the simple things I can find and no sessions show in use as all are completed or stopped. No locks found on the DB and using the advice of @gmarquez I can attest there are no exposed objects either. If I try to manually drop a process onto a resource I get the same error. I'm curious at this point if it's possible to force a session release or if there is any kind of logging in the system so you can see what is using or holding the sessions.​​​

Tracy Schultz

You could try to query the contents of the BPASession table in the database. Look at the statusid column and look for any that are Warning (8), Stopping(7), Running (1) and Pending(0).  These will count towards your license.  You can look up runningresourceid from that table in the BPAResource table to find out what resource is running the session.

Gabe Marquez
Blue Prism

Thanks for the tip @gmarquez, just tried it and all sessions are either 2,3,4,5 ​. Looking at the sessionlog table and license table to see if anything possibly jumps out.

Tracy Schultz

@gmarquez You got my hopes up that Warning shows up as 8 in the DB. I tested it in 6.8, and it still shows as 1 (Running), even after showing Warning in Control Room. Any chance you could give the devs a little nudge? =)​​

Dave Morris
Cano Ai
Atlanta, GA
Dave Morris 3Ci at Southern Company Atlanta, GA