cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Send Key Event <{CTRL}

ReddizetGozun
Level 3
Hi All,

I'm currently working on the migration of a process from IE to Edge. The logic before is working in IE. However, when we moved to Edge we've encountered a problem.

Scenario:

There are multiple rows on the table that have the necessary information that needs to be selected before the bot generate the report. We used loop action so the bot can locate the right rows.

Next step is the bot should press the CTRL in order to select multiple rows in the table and it should release when there's no rows available. 
These are the actions :
Global Send Key Event <{CTRL}
Click Action
Global Send Key Event >{CTRL}

Take note that these actions are separate 

The bot can select the right rows but can't select multiple rows.

TIA!
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

ReddizetGozun
Level 3
Hi All,

We already resolved this issue by changing the the spy mode of the click action as UIA instead of Browser mode. Bot is now able to select multiple rows.

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @ReddizetGozun

I think since inside a loop itself you are always first pressing control button then performing the click operation and then are releasing the button as well  within the same iteration before starting the next iteration, this is happening.

Can you try a logic like this where you use a navigate stage with the action Global Send Key Event: <{CTRL} key. After this use the iteration logic which you have and just keep doing clicks and once you come out of that loop then you a navigate stage with the action Global Send Key Event: {CTRL}>

This way ideally you will keep the control key pressed the entire time when the bot will keep on clicking on the rows inside the loop and once all rows have been clicked with control button kept pressed, then we will release the control button at once.

------------------------------
----------------------------------
Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please mark it as the 'Best Answer' so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Sr. Consultant - Automation Developer,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email:devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

------------------------------

Hope it helps you out and if my solution resolves your query, then please provide a big thumbs up so that the others members in the community having similar problem statement can track the answer easily in future.

Regards,
Devneet Mohanty
Intelligent Process Automation Consultant | Technical Business Analyst,
WonderBotz India Pvt. Ltd.
Blue Prism Community MVP | Blue Prism 7x Certified Professional
Email: devneetmohanty07@gmail.com

ReddizetGozun
Level 3
Hi @devneetmohanty07

Actually I already did that and the behavior is still the same.

36318.png

These are action under Select Product stage.
36319.png​​​​​

ReddizetGozun
Level 3
Hi All,

We already resolved this issue by changing the the spy mode of the click action as UIA instead of Browser mode. Bot is now able to select multiple rows.