cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Send Keys

HannesB55
Level 2

Good Morning

I am trying to write to Notepad but want to start a new line after the sentence. I am using Global Mouse Click with "{ENTER}" to start a new line also tried the value 13 as enter but I get the error message the the button is not valid. I also did activate the application before this action.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks

16909.png

------------------------------
Hannes Botha
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Hannes, 

You are using a Global Send Key Events action. Change it to a Global Send Keys action and it should work. Alternatively, you can switch the value to "Enter". I am attaching some documentation on a guide for both Send Keys and Send Key Events. 

Thanks!

Christopher Potvin
Senior RPA Developer
SS&C Blue Prism
Canada

John__Carter
Staff
Staff

Hi Hannes the Mouse Button input parameter can only be 'right' or 'left', that's why you're seeing the error. But you don't need to use the Click action to make a new line.

Instead, use Global Send Keys (as Christopher says) and try something like "First line"&NewLine()&"Second line" or "First line"&Chr(13)&"Second line" as the input expression.

The Global Send Key Events equivalent would be something like "<{SHIFT}f>{SHIFT}irst line{ENTER}<{SHIFT}s>{SHIFT}econd line"

https://bpdocs.blueprism.com/bp-7-1/en-us/Guides/global-send-keys/global-send-keys.htm

John Carter
Blue Prism