cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Intelligent Services Integration Error

Hi all, When I try to fill the API Key in System-Credential Details I get the following error: "Failed to save credential - Could not encrypt data because the scheme 'Credentials Key' is invalid." Is someone has ever encountered an error like that?
7 REPLIES 7

SurajJadhav
Level 5
Hello Buddy ,   I think you are storing the API key in Properties of User Credentials. If you are not then you need to store this API key in properties sections of Credentials you have created.   And to access this key use credentials VBO and Get Property Action in this action you have to provide the name of credential you have created and property name which contain API key

Hello Suraj,  Error is generated when I try to store the API Key in Additional Properties section under Security - Credentials. So how did you managed to proceed? 

JamesPenz1
Level 2
Hello,   I am also having this issue when attempting to store the API Key in Additional Properties.  Has anyone properly Integrated Google Intelligent Services API?

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
Make sure you have downloaded the latest version of the Google VBOs - the version up there origionally was missing an object.  Follow the instructions document provided, you need to pay Google to be able to use their services and then you need to store your credentials for that service in a Blue Prism credential , the name of that credential you will have set in an environment variable.

JamesPenz1
Level 2
Hi Denis,  Thank you for the response.  1. I am using Google VBOs 1.1 2. For paying google: I am using the free 12 month trial with the $300 credit to try this out. Is that not sufficient? 3. I have generated the API key and when I attempt to store the credentials for that service in BP is when I get the error.  4. The user guide says just enter the API key and do not enter a password. 5. Can you provide a screenshot of how the credentials should be setup?    Thank you

Denis__Dennehy
Level 15
I see... maybe you have not set up an encryption scheme in your environment so you cannot create/use any credentials - which is strange as credentials are key to using the product securely so should be part of every solution you create. Plenty of help in the knowledgebase on encryption keys  https://portal.blueprism.com/customer-support/knowledge-base/how-change-encryption-key-use-credentials

MandarJadhav
Level 4
First set your Encryption scheme (AES256) store key in db or server whichever you want (i stored in db) then create create credentials write name as ""Google Services"" and create property ""API Key"" and paste your API key. Then go to environment variables under objects and add environment variable named ""Google Services"",  type ""text"", value ""Google Services"". Then you'll be able to run your process successfully.