cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Sheet Automation

SarikaNagesh
Level 2

Hi All,

I am trying to automate Google sheets using Googlesheet VBO. I am trying to append value to the 3rd sheet of my google sheet file using Sheet ID (Sheet ID is same for all the sheets in Googlesheet file only ID differs at the end of URL). When I try to append value to 3rd sheet it is automatically setting value in 1st sheet. Can anyone have idea how to navigate between different sheets in google sheets.

Can anyone please help me. 

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sarika Nagesh

------------------------------
Sarika Nagesh
3 REPLIES 3

ChiragPatel1
Level 4

Hi Sarika,

While you are trying to append values to the 3rd sheet make sure you activate the 3rd sheet and also make sure you pass where you want to write the data(Cell Reference).

Thank you,

Chirag Patel

Hi Chirag,

In Blue Prism Google Automation VBO I don't see any option to activate specific sheet within Spreadsheet. Can you share your idea how we can activate specific sheet?

Thanks in advance

Sarika Nagesh

Hello Sarika,

The answer to this lies in the Range input parameter of this VBO.

You need to pass the sheet name followed by your destination range as the sheet ID remains the same for the whole file.

Input:

15309.png

Output:

15310.png

15311.png

This means that by default, if you just pass the normal range (e.g. A1 here) then it will enter in your your first sheet.

But when you pass "TestSheet!A1" then it will paste data to A1 cell in a sheet named as "TestSheet"

Please check this out and let us know if it resolves your problem.

If I was of assistance, please vote for it to be the "Best Answer".

Thanks & Regards,
Tejaskumar Darji
Sr. Consultant-Technical Lead