cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Sheets APIs in a Organization

hello!!

This is my first question in this community, I'm happy to be part of it !

I need some help, how can I use a Google APIs with blue prism in a Organization ? There's a way to do it without the need of share the service account with the sheets ? Has anyone ever experienced this ?
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @Gabriel Mendonça,

​Are you using the Google Sheets VBO or the actual Web API service? Ultimately both make use of an OAuth client ID and client secret. You could always create DW-specific credentials within your GCP environment and then store those credentials in the Blue Prism Credential Manager. Then, when you launch your process, you tell it which credential to use from Credential Manager. Does that make sense?

Cheers,

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @Gabriel Mendonça,

​Are you using the Google Sheets VBO or the actual Web API service? Ultimately both make use of an OAuth client ID and client secret. You could always create DW-specific credentials within your GCP environment and then store those credentials in the Blue Prism Credential Manager. Then, when you launch your process, you tell it which credential to use from Credential Manager. Does that make sense?

Cheers,

It does make sense! The problem is that I was using the wrong credential type (Was using Service Account) the right method is to use the OAuth credential type. Thanks! You are amazing!