cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google sheets Api append

RonaldBeltrán
Level 2
Hi everyone,

I am trying to append data to a spreadsheet by using Google Sheets Api, but I cannot configure the input "values" . According to documentation that input must be defined as follows:
17749.png

So, I am writing the information in a nested collection and  use an action that becomes it in json format, but when the action is executed this error is generated:
17750.png
I am defining the others inputs as you can see:
17751.png
And this is the text in the data item JSON
17752.png

17753.png

Thank you in advance

------------------------------
Ronald Beltrán
1 BEST ANSWER

Best Answers

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @RonaldBeltrán,

Have you tried using the Google Sheets VBO that ships with Blue Prism and is also available on the DX?

Regarding the API connector, it looks like Google has made the valueInputOption mandatory. I don't believe that was the case when this connector was built. With that said, you can edit the Web API definition associated with the skill to apply it. Below is a screenshot of the change:

17741.png

Just go to System -> Objects -> Web API Services and look for the Google Sheets API v4 entry. Double-click and scroll down to the sheets.spreadsheets.values.append entry. Next, click on the Request topic and enter the following value at the end of the URL Path entry:

&valueInputOption=USER_ENTERED

That should take care of you.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

ewilson
Staff
Staff
Hi @RonaldBeltrán,

Have you tried using the Google Sheets VBO that ships with Blue Prism and is also available on the DX?

Regarding the API connector, it looks like Google has made the valueInputOption mandatory. I don't believe that was the case when this connector was built. With that said, you can edit the Web API definition associated with the skill to apply it. Below is a screenshot of the change:

17741.png

Just go to System -> Objects -> Web API Services and look for the Google Sheets API v4 entry. Double-click and scroll down to the sheets.spreadsheets.values.append entry. Next, click on the Request topic and enter the following value at the end of the URL Path entry:

&valueInputOption=USER_ENTERED

That should take care of you.

Cheers,

Eric Wilson
Director, Partner Integrations for Digital Exchange
Blue Prism