cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP WITH MAINFRAME OBJECT IBM

NicolasPapaccio
Level 2
Hello everyone, Im working in a project in which i need to interact with IBM Notes, an app we use in our company. The problem is that there are quite a few interactions that i need to do with the app itself and i cant seem to identify any of them. Some are only-read so i cant copy for ex; the name of an employee. And in other cases i work with SendKeys or GlobalClick with X Y coordenates but its quite messy.  Also i tried to use the API but i completely failed in the trial.  Can anyone give me another soluction?  Thanks for your time,   Yours sincerely, Nicolas I Papaccio  
1 REPLY 1

BenKirimlidis
Level 7
If co ordinates don't work and send keys isn't an option.  Have you tried contacting your IT department to get advice on either using the back end of the mainframe application using DB queries, or maybe there are some quirks to the API which is giving you grief. Lastly, something we didn't think of early on but saved us some headaches when some mainframe application were moved slightly was using the TAB key to mvoe between fields instead of co ordinates. Hope that either helps or someone else sees this and offers better advice! best of luck