cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I separate a collection at different Data Items?

n_madariaga_ber
Level 2
I have a collection with N quantity of data and I want each of the data is stored in a Data Item, how do I do it?
3 REPLIES 3

RobinToll
Staff
Staff
If you do not know beforehand how large the collection is, this is probably a difficult thing to do - you can't create arbitrary data items during a process (this is in fact what Collections are for). Why do you need to split them out? What needs to be done with them afterwards? Do they need to be split into groups or individual items? Can whatever you're trying to do be done inside a loop? -Robin Toll

Thanks for your answer Robin, I explain... My excel file has seven data and keep them in a collection. But each of the data within the VBO I will use for different functions and I need them in Data Items. Is this possible to do? or is there another way? Regards, Nicole Madariaga

RobinToll
Staff
Staff
If you only have 7 fields and they're all separate cells in Excel, then the simple answer is probably to use the Excel VBO to pull them out into a collection, and then use Calculation stages to copy them out into individual data items. Does that make sense?